E-release of India Rankings 2021 Released by Ministry of Education
The sixth edition of India Rankings which covers HEIs in four categories namely overall, universities, colleges and research institutions and seven subject domain namely engineering, management, pharmacy, medical, architecture, law and dental is being released by Hon,ble Union Minister of Education Shri Dharmendra Pradhan.
Increase in Number of Applicants for India Rankings from 2016 to 2021
As a matter of practice, 200 institutions are ranked in engineering discipline, 100 each in Overall, University and College categories, 75 each in Management and Pharmacy, 50 each in Medical and Research Institutions, 40 in Dental, 30 in Law, and 25 in Architecture. Additional rankings are suitably bunched in Rank Bands of 101-150 and 151-200 in case of Overall, University and College and 201-250 and 251-300 in case of Engineering.
Key Highlights of India Rankings 2021:
- Indian Institute of Technology Madras retains 1st Position in Overall Category as well as in Engineering for the third consecutive year.
- Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru tops the University as well as Research Institution category introduced for the first time in India Rankings 2021.
- IIM Ahmedabad tops in Management subject and All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi occupies the top slot in Medical for the fourth consecutive year.
- Jamia Hamdard tops the list in Pharmacy subject for the third consecutive year.
- Miranda College retains 1st position amongst colleges for the fifth consecutive year.
- IIT Roorkee takes the top slot for the first time in Architecture subject displacing IIT Kharagpur.
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore retains its first position for in Law for the fourth consecutive years.
- Colleges in Delhi dominate ranking of colleges with five colleges out of first 10 colleges from Delhi.
- Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Manipal, secure 1st position in “Dental” category.
Click the link to see India Rankings 2021: https://www.nirfindia.org/2021/Ranking.html